Welcome to Tan y Gader we hope you enjoy your stay. If you are visiting for a holiday, a celebration or for business we will endeavour to ensure your time with us is as enjoyable as possible. We are a small independent B&B and if you have any specific requirements or you would like to customise your holiday please let us know.
Check in and out
Our check in times are from 4pm-9.30pm (as we do not employ staff and need time during the day to run errands pick up shopping etc., & prepare breakfasts the next day) We respectfully ask that you vacate your room by 10.30am, but if you are not ready to leave yet we are happy for you to sit in the Drawing room where you can relax & read a book or play cards for a little while longer. Alternatively if you would like to pre-arrange a late check in/out for your room at a small additional cost (with 24 hours notice) to our usual check in/departure time we can also arrange this.
• If enjoying a birthday or anniversary, we can arrange flowers, cakes to be here for the recipient.
• We can also provide picnics to take on your walks, afternoon tea & a charcuterie sharing platter by prior arrangement.
• Secure cycle storage is available on site along with a cold water hose pipe.
• We can recommend many excellent local restaurants and usually advise booking before arrival our reccomendations list will be sent with our confirmation e-mail at booking. We can also book on your behalf if required.If you would prefer you are also welcome to eat your own food in our dining room we can provide cutlery, crockery etc.
On site parking is not usually an issue but spaces are limited particulary at peak times, but there are plenty of spaces nearby & public parking is also available in town.
We take very seriously any dietary requirments such as allergies, vegetarian, vegans etc & are happy to provide alternatives. Also non-allergenic bedding can be provided.(please notify prior to arrival)
We cannot be held responsible if not advised of any allergies.
We have a cosy 1st floor drawing room decorated in warm reds & taupe with comfy seating for up to 6 guests at a time.The room has an extensive collection of books, dvds, magazines, guest information and games for you to enjoy. Also a basket of toys to keep visiting children entertained.
A ground floor dining room for you to enjoy your yummy Welsh breakfast is decorated in Farrow & Ball Duck Egg Blue with 3 individual 2 seater tables,this also has a fridge for your own use & to top up your milk jug with fresh milk.We also have a further selection of teas for you to use if your rooms run out
A ground floor bedroom is available for those who may have difficulty with stairs. A ramp to assist with front step access is available on request.
We have 3 bedrooms (please see our bedrooms page for details ) which are all named after childrens books to reflect the sense of fun at Tan y Gader
Bedroom 1 "Alice" (ground floor)
Bedroom 2 "Secret Garden" (first floor)
Bedroom 3 "Narnia" (first floor) (The Deluxe room or Honeymoon suite) This bedroom is also large enough for use as a family room
• All bedrooms offer a sumptious comfortable bed,television/dvd player,radio,task & mood lighting,hostess tray with an assortment of drinks, Welsh water, & homemade shortbread, hairdryer, towels, magnifying mirror, seating for 2 people, reading material,card games & complimentary Duck Island toiletries.
Direct bookings only-Children accepted from 12 months upwards (unless booking the whole house) A travel cot & a childs futon can be provided, the cot can be placed in any of the rooms & a cot & futon can be used in our Narnia bedroom. Children staying is an additional £10 per night
• Free Wireless Internet is available throughout the building, we just ask that you use it responsibly.
We also have a walled suntrap garden at the back of the house where guests are welcome to sit and enjoy the summer months. Or why not sit at the front and people watch...Locals are always happy to pass the time of day with guests.
We accept major debit/credit cards & a first nights deposit will be required at the time of booking.
PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT AFFILIATED TO TRIP.COM WEBSITE SO PLEASE DO NOT BOOK THROUGH THEM